About this Job
Offering a proactive, dynamic and efficient service to all Members of Chambers
All aspects of professional diary and practice management
The detailed recording of enquires/instructions/case descriptions, creating new cases, agreeing contracts and case management on the Bar Squared (Lex) management system and the generation of reports from this system as required
Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in BSB handbook and other relevant professional fiscal requirements
About this Employer
Our Client, Twenty Essex, is seeking to recruit a highly suitable individual for the role of Practice Manager. Working as the number 2 in a team, this is an important support role that will suit someone who is highly driven and enthusiastic, seeking career progression in a fast-paced professional environment.
Suitable candidates will have a significant track record working in a similarly reputable Barristers’ Chambers (7+ years), together with a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of managing the practices of barristers in civil and commercial areas of law. Also to have knowledge of the compliance and regulatory aspects relevant to working in a Barristers’ Chambers. This client-facing role requires an understanding and previous experience in marketing and business development initiatives.
- Provide estimates and quotations for work and negotiating and assessing fees generally in line with Chambers’ fees administration policy, in consultation with the line manager where applicable.
- Able to conduct practice review meetings and deliver on aspects, aspirations and targets arising out of those meetings
- Develop a sound knowledge of Chambers’ areas of practice and the practices of individual members (and specifically barristers within the team’s area of responsibility)
- Supervise and mentor junior team members
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to support the activities of Chambers’ practice groups including: preparation for practice group meetings; the implementation of objectives and strategies as set by business plans and supporting relevant marketing activities
- Build and maintain your network, forging strong relationships with clients across all of Chambers’ practice areas, as well as members and all staff