About this Job
Reporting to the new Head of Practice Management, the purpose of the role is to ensure an exemplary client experience for all clients of and visitors to Chambers and to assist with all aspects of practice management as needed, in particular:
o timely and accurate maintenance of diaries and liaison with court offices
o issuing standard terms and fee notes
o logging new enquiries
o completing conflict and sanctions checks
o negotiating and agreeing certain fees under supervision
About this Employer
"The Barristers here are obvious superstars who are absolutely at the top of the game" - Chambers and Partners.
A unique set of chambers made up of a selection of distinctive King’s Counsel and junior barristers, each recognised for their proven performance at the very top tier of the fraud, criminal and regulatory bar.
Our size and focus means we offer clients:
- unparalleled expertise
- tailored strategic advice
- close collaboration
All underpinned by modern, commercial and client service
- Necessary skills and capabilities:
- Seeks improvements and is forward-looking and proactive
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and PDF skills. Proficient in up-to-date IT packages. A digital-first approach.
- Numerate and accurate
- Takes responsibility and sees tasks through to completion
- Expectations for all roles:
- Commitment to client service, internal and external
- Excellent communication
- Collaboration, team-work and respect
- Maintaining accurate data in the case management system and digital diaries, extracting reports as required
- Market research and project work as required
- Creating and maintaining standard template documentation
- Set up for internal conferences and events
- To be the first point of contact for members’ administrative requirements
- Working with the rest of the team on projects and initiatives from time to time
- General office administration tasks and other ad hoc duties as may arise
Prior experience as a practice assistant or a junior clerk with a record of learning quickly, a demonstrable commitment to their own professional development and an aptitude for building strong relationships.