About this Job
An opportunity has arisen to join Keating Chambers as Head Junior Clerk, supervising two other members of the team. This is a busy and varied role that is key to the smooth running of chambers’ activities, including assisting with court appearances. The team is part of our wider staff team, including marketing, clerking and operations. We foster a supportive environment and operate an inclusive culture where everyone’s efforts and views feel valued and important.
About this Employer
Keating Chambers is a leading set of commercial barristers’ chambers, with a thriving domestic and international practice, comprising 69 barristers (33 King’s Counsel and 36 juniors, and 7 int'l members/honorary associates).
Specialisms across the areas of construction & engineering; energy & natural resources; infrastructure & utilities; international arbitration; IT & technology; offshore construction & marine engineering; procurement & competition, assoc. prof. negligence & planning.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills to manage and allocate the team’s workload
- Strong logistical skills
- Proactive & efficient, using initiative to identify & implement service improvements
- Work well with a wide range of people & confident working independently
- Work well in a pressured environment to prioritise and deliver on multiple demands
- Excellent communication skills - both written & oral
- Polite, friendly, smart appearance
- Handle confidential information discreetly
General duties include: leading and overseeing all duties in the post room, being the main point of contact in the team, working to ensure the smooth running of the post room/copy room; liaising with the clerking team; taking barristers with their papers to court; photocopying; distribution of papers and assisting barristers and other members of staff. Please be advised this role is office based only at our offices at 15 Essex St, WC2R.
- Candidates should have a minimum of five GCSEs Grade 4 (or 4/C) or equivalent to include Mathematics and English. Applications will only be considered where applicants complete the application form and include a covering letter. Full job description and the application form can be found at: