About this Job
This is the most senior role in the clerking team.
Leadership and management of the clerks’ room, business development and senior client relationships are the main responsibilities of this role. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Chambers, the Chambers Supervision Committee, the Director of Operations and the Senior Practice Managers to ensure that Chambers meets its strategic goals and builds sustainable business relationships with clients.
About this Employer
Devereux is a leading set of 55 barristers, including 11 KCs, supported by an experienced and highly-regarded team of practice managers and business services staff. We are known for our friendly workplace culture, progressive approach and professional work ethic. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our work. Our principal fields of practice are in serious injury and clinical negligence; employment; commercial litigation and tax.
- Significant experience working as a senior practice manager in a leading set of Chambers, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a strong track record in business development and marketing at the Bar.
- Strong people management skills and a commitment to maintaining effective working relationships
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment, and to manage and lead on a diverse and demanding portfolio of responsibilities
- Developing and implementing Chambers' strategies to acquire new work, retain existing work and maintain and develop strong business relationships with existing and new clients
- Developing and driving the delivery of Chambers’ marketing strategy and plans for continuous improvement in clerking and business development
- Leading and managing a high-performance clerking and business development function
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office 365
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities
- A strong academic record (to A level or equivalent, as minimum. Higher qualification in advanced business management preferable)
- An understanding of HR processes and basic employment law principles
- An awareness of GDPR and other data protection legislation and Chambers’ regulatory and reporting responsibilities