About this Job
Chambers is seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious person to assist and support their Civil Liberties and Housing Practice Team. The successful candidate will have clerking experience in a Barristers’ Chambers, ideally in dealing with cases in Civil Practice areas.
About this Employer
Our client is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of clerking experience (at least part of which will have been in family law), including diary management, fee negotiation, confidently liaising with solicitors and court staff.
- Good systems knowledge, especially Case management systems
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Upkeep of diary, ensuring barristers are aware of commitments and undertaking future booking troubleshooting.
- Promoting the team and individual team members with professional clients and other organisations.
- Understanding and recognising the capabilities of the team and its individual members in depth.
- Negotiating fees and finalising funding for cases including those cases funded privately, by legal aid, CFAs and costs budgeting
- Handling existing client portfolio and maintaining excellent communication and loyalty.
- Working in collaboration on campaigns and events with marketing staff and clerking team.