About this Job
Working closely with a Deputy Senior Clerk and other colleagues, the role plays an important part in the practice management and development of a designated group of barristers and their practices. The position will suit someone who is enthusiastic and seeking a role in a fast-paced professional services environment.
About this Employer
Our client, a leading Commercial Chambers, is seeking to recruit a highly suitable individual for the role of Assistant Team Clerk.
Suitable candidates will ideally have more than five years’ ‘top table’ experience, working in a similarly successful and busy environment. They will understand the requirements of managing barristers’ practices or be extremely keen to do so. They will possess first class communication skills, be capable of managing a busy workload often with competing deadlines and be focused on providing first class client service.
- Deputising for more senior colleagues as required
- Offering a proactive and efficient service to designated group of Members of Chambers
- Diary and practice management, including agreeing fees
- Detailed recording of enquires/instructions/case descriptions, creating new cases
- Provide estimates and quotations for work and negotiating and assessing fees
- Develop a sound knowledge of Chambers’ areas of practice and the practices of members