About this Job
Following a period of growth and restructuring in Chambers an opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Practice Manager (Barristers’ Clerk) to join our talented clerking team. A Barristers’ Clerk is responsible for managing the practice and business activities of the barristers within a set of Chambers.
About this Employer
Keating Chambers is a leading set of commercial barristers’ chambers. A thriving domestic & international practice, comprising 72 barristers and seven international members/honorary associates, specialising in the areas of construction and engineering; energy and natural resources; infrastructure and utilities; international arbitration; IT and technology; offshore construction and marine engineering; procurement and competition, planning and environment and associated professional negligence.
- Team player able to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build both strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Show experience in negotiation and persuasion
- Evidence problem-solving ability
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude in challenging circumstances
- Demonstrate excellent time management and a keen eye for detail
- Able to discreetly to handle confidential information
The Assistant Practice Manager will work as the junior in a team of clerks in conjunction with the Joint Directors of Clerking and members of the other clerking teams. General duties include scheduling meetings, negotiating fees on behalf of barristers, liaising with the courts in relation to hearings, marketing and developing the business of barristers to maintain a supply of work, maintaining excellent client relationships with solicitors and other professional clients, and assisting with the collection of fees.
- The candidate should have either around three years of clerking experience (or similar office-based experience working in a high-pressured environment) and have gained at least two A Levels or equivalent qualifications. The successful candidate will receive a full training programme.
- Full job spec, benefits package and application details available on Chambers' website.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM.