Hours: 40 per week, Monday to Friday
Our client is one of the most prominent sets of barristers’ chambers in the UK specialising in all aspects of family law. Its busy team of 20 staff supports 93 barristers. Chambers is based in Holborn in a state-of-the-art building set over six floors of conference rooms and shared offices.
The Chambers Director joined Chambers at the end of 2018 and requires the support of an organised, proactive, reliable, and discreet assistant. Reporting to the Chambers Director, this is a key role supporting the Chambers Director in ensuring that the service that Chambers offers to its members, solicitors, or lay clients, is consistently outstanding and that every effort is made to continuously improve the management of Chambers.
- Manage Chambers Director’s diary
- Provide support to the Chambers Director with:
- Assisting members of Chambers on a day-to-day basis
- Drafting, emailing, and filing on a variety of aspects of life in Chambers from quick emails to Chambers policies
- Ensuring the efficient running of the facilities such as arranging the logistics of barristers’ internal moves
- Assisting with Chambers’ compliance in particular with IT and GDPR
- Company credit card reconciliation
- Take responsibility for the Pupillage secretarial functions such as the administration of the recruitment process and the updating of documents
- Organise and diarise meetings for Committees and Practice Groups
- Preparing agendas for meetings, recording attendance, taking minutes, and following-up action points
- Assisting with finance and HR administration
- The administration of members’ regulatory renewals such as practicing certificates, Practice Insurance (Bar Mutual), ICO Registrations
- Other duties depending on the needs of the business, from day-to-day management to firefighting to working on longer-term projects
- Personable, enthusiastic, and flexible with a readiness to acquire new skills.
- A strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- A professional and mature working attitude
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organisational, time management, and prioritising skills
- High-level problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Used to dealing with highly confidential information with discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in legal or professional services is desirable but not essential
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to exclusively retained consultants GRL Legal LLP (GRL): email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5 pm on Wednesday 31 August 2022 – early applications are encouraged, and initial interviews with suitable candidates may take place immediately.