Assistant Practice Manager - Keating Chambers
Keating Chambers is a leading set of commercial barristers’ chambers, with a thriving domestic and international practice, comprising 58 barristers (27 Queen’s Counsel and 31 juniors), and 9 international members and honorary associates.
Our barristers specialise in providing their services across the areas of construction and engineering; energy and natural resources; infrastructure and utilities; international arbitration; IT and technology; offshore construction and marine engineering; procurement and competition and associated professional negligence.
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Practice Manager to join our talented clerking team. The Assistant Practice Manager will work as the junior in a team of three clerks, in conjunction with the CEO/Director of Clerking, and members of the other clerking teams. General duties include: management of the barristers’ professional commitments; data entry; case fixing; liaising with solicitors and lay clients; and travel planning for barristers.
The Candidate must:
- Ideally have around two/three years of clerking experience or similar experience working in a high-pressure work environment.
- Be a team player but be able to work unsupervised and under
- Have excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Be polite, friendly and of smart
- Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude in challenging circumstances
- Be trustworthy
- Have gained at least two A Levels or equivalent qualifications and/or a Degree.
Salary & Benefits:
- Start date – immediate
- Salary – circa £22k per annum
- Holiday entitlement - 20 days plus bank holidays, 22 days after one year and 25 days after two years
- Benefits on completion of probationary period include: Bonus Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Permanent Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Private Medical Insurance
Closing date for applications is midday Friday 28th June 2019. Please send your application form and a covering letter to:
Claire Fant, PA to CEO/Director of Clerking, Keating Chambers, 15 Essex Street, London, WC2R 3AA
Or email: email@example.com
Further details and application form can be found at:
Keating Chambers is fully committed to equality and diversity in both recruitment and the provision of services. The selection procedure is operated without discrimination, that is to say without regard to irrelevant considerations such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, religion or belief, or age. If you are disabled and require any adjustments at any stage, please inform us and we will try to accommodate your needs.
15 ESSEX STREET, LONDON, WC2R 3AA • LDE: 1045 TEL: +44 (0)20 7544 2600 • FAX: + 44 (0)20 7544 2700