Communications and Marketing Executive
Blackstone Chambers is recruiting two full-time Communications & Marketing Executives.
The roles will be jointly responsible for all Chambers’ content and marketing collateral, but with one position taking primary responsibility for directory submissions and PR and the other looking after Chambers’ digital presence, including both the website and social media.
These tasks are currently being fulfilled by one person, but responsibilities have expanded to such an extent that we now need two people to fulfil the same function. It is therefore intended that the roles are highly supportive of each other, with considerable overlap in responsibilities, especially in relation to directory submissions as that research process also forms the primary drive to update CVs on the website.
Specific duties will include:
- Forge effective personal and professional relationships with members of Chambers with a view to creating a bank of continuously up to date information that can be used for informing the market and the media and for fostering potential business expansion.
- Establish a programme of maintenance of the individual CVs of all members of Chambers. CVs to conform to existing ‘house style’ that needs ongoing refinement on new website, in consultation with the Deputy Chambers Director. Goal is to update all CVs on a quarterly basis.
- Assume responsibility for the planning, overseeing and compilation of information for the production of legal directory entries on behalf of Chambers and individual members of the set.
- Use data drawn from the information updates to produce practice area and regional brochures and briefing documents.
- Act as the gatekeeper and brand champion for the Chambers website and all other corporate materials to ensure that each expression of the brand is in keeping with the character and purpose of the set. Oversee, coordinate and edit web site information on a regular basis.
- Maintenance and upkeep of website generally.
- Manage Chambers’ social media presence, in particular on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Oversee the ‘clean-up’ of Lex data and ongoing database maintenance.
- Monitor the legal media in particular and the national press in general for coverage of Chambers and its individual barristers. Be responsible for disseminating this information in a way that is both immediate, relevant and engaging, primarily through the Chambers newsletter, the Blackstoner.
- Research and production of briefing notes for Members of Chambers/practice groups/staff ahead of targeted events and business development initiatives.
- Event management. Provide support and assistance to Events Coordinator as required, in particular on-site support at events.
- Identify possible opportunities and take responsibility for the drafting of awards submissions when required.
- The Communications & Marketing Executive reports to the Deputy Chambers Director.
For a full job specification and application form please visit Blackstone Chambers' website: https://www.blackstonechambers.com/recruitment/staff/
Start date: ASAP
Contact: Kate Hinckley email@example.com