Junior Clerk – Leading Barristers Chambers (Birmingham)
|Closing Date: ||Saturday, 20 April 2019|
|Salary: ||Salary commensurate with the skills and experience required to deliver the role|
|Send CV To: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Our client is a large specialist set, with a national reputation, based in Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham. Chambers covers the professional markets and has specialist advocate teams across its areas of specialism.
In response to its continued growth and success and to provide the highest level of service to members and clients, Chambers is now seeking a highly motivated, organised and committed individual to take on the newly created role of Junior Clerk in their Birmingham chambers.
Main Duties include:
- Assisting barristers in the running of their practices – appropriate planning
- Diary management and practice development
- Negotiating and recording fees
- Liaising with the courts listing offices
- Answering Solicitor and client enquiries – dealing quickly and effectively
- Building and developing client relationships
- Running reporting information
- Attending social and charity functions on behalf of Chambers which will include evenings and some weekends
- Entering post, papers, new instructions, briefs etc.
- Management of barrister’s papers including Photocopying / Scanning / Confidential Shredding / Storage
- Use of LEX case management System
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years clerking experience or relevant experience gained in a similar environment, desirable but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels and to create and maintain good working relationship
- Professional and smart presentation and a willingness to learn and to work to tight and often competing deadlines
- Take personal responsibility for delivering agreed objectives and pride in delivering a high quality service
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with your CV to exclusively retained consultants GRL Legal LLP (GRL): email@example.com
For further details, please contact: Paul Reece firstname.lastname@example.org or Matthew Curness email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 19th April 2019. Early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately.