Keating Chambers are looking for a Outdoor and Office Assistant
Keating Chambers is a leading set of commercial chambers specialising in the areas of construction, engineering, energy, procurement, shipbuilding and technology, both in the UK and abroad.
We have 59 members of Chambers, 28 of whom are Queen’s Counsel. An opportunity has arisen for an Outdoor and Office Assistant to join our existing support team.
The Candidate should:
- Be enthusiastic with a positive "can do" attitude
- Be a team player but be able to work unsupervised and under pressure
- Have excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Be polite, friendly and of smart appearance
- Be able to deal with a wide range of people effectively
- Have GCSE Mathematics and English – minimum five GCSEs – grade C or equivalent
General duties include:
- Working to ensure the smooth running of the post/ copy room
- Liaising with the clerking team
- Taking barristers with their papers to court
- Distribution of papers
- Assisting barristers and other members of staff
Start date – immediate
Salary – £21,944 pa (London Living Wage)
Benefits on completion of probationary period include:
Season Ticket Loan
Permanent Health Insurance
Private Medical Insurance
Hours: Monday to Friday shift system between 8.00am – 6.00pm
Shifts 8-5pm; 8.30 to 5.30pm; or 9-6pm
Holiday entitlement - 20 days plus bank holidays (Yr 2 – 22 days; Yr 3 – 25 days).
Closing date for applications: 10am Wednesday 30th January 2019. Please send your application form and a covering letter to:
Nicola Humphreys, Keating Chambers, 15 Essex Street, London, WC2R 3AA
Further details and application form can be found at: http://www.keatingchambers.com/recruitment/staff-vacancies/
Keating Chambers is fully committed to equality and diversity in both recruitment and the provision of services. The selection procedure is operated without discrimination, that is to say without regard to irrelevant considerations such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, religion or belief, or age. If you are disabled and require any adjustments at any stage, please inform us and we will try to accommodate your needs.