Practice Manager - Landmark Chambers
|Closing Date: ||Saturday, 26 January 2019|
|Salary: ||Generous salary and benefits package commensurate with experience|
|Send CV To: ||email@example.com|
Practice Manager – Landmark Chambers
Our Client, Landmark Chambers, has a reputation for excellence. Chambers has 89 Members, including 33 QCs, and is recognised in the leading legal directories as ‘leaders in the field’ in their key practice areas of planning and infrastructure, property, public environmental, and international law. Members act as both advisors and advocates in all aspects of their key practice areas, both domestically and internationally.
Continuing its plans for strategic growth, Chambers now seeks to recruit a highly suitable individual, with at least five years of relevant experience, to the position of Practice Manager to the Property Team.
Reporting to the Senior Practice Manager and working closely with Members and Clients, the Practice Manager is responsible for the provision of independent practice management support to members and to ensure the provision of an efficient, professional, service to Chambers’ clients. The position is also expected to assist with the delivery of Chambers’ business development and marketing functions, including the identification of new opportunities.
- Liaising with clients by phone and email, including assisting callers with choice of counsel, case and booking enquiries - managing expectations and resolving any problems raised quickly and effectively.
- Negotiating and agreeing fees for assigned counsel.
- Assisting the Senior Practice Manager with the preparation of relevant documentation for internal groups and tendering processes, including research.
- Participating in, and contributing to, individual members’ annual practice review meetings (in conjunction with the Senior Practice Manager).
Business Development and Marketing
- Attending business development and marketing events
- Attending relevant monthly Steering Group meetings.
- Working to identify opportunities for business development and acting to develop new client relationships.
Management and Leadership
- Day-to-day supervision, guidance and support to the Assistant Practice Manager(s) and/or Practice Assistant(s), including development and meeting of objectives.
- Ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant property experience. Suitable applicants will be committed and driven.
- They will possess first class communication and interpersonal skills, capable of influencing others at multiple levels.
- They will possess the person skills required to quickly become an effective member of the team and be able to assist and work closely with and advise colleagues, members of Chambers and clients.
- They will be able to work and deliver to multiple and competing deadlines and be efficient, with first class administration skills.
- They must be professional in the delivery of the role and especially when representing Chambers externally.
Landmark Chambers is committed to equality and diversity at the Bar and they encourage and welcome applications from women, people of minority ethnic origin and people with disabilities, as well as candidates from other groups which are underrepresented in the legal sector.
To discuss either role in more detail please contact one of our exclusively retained Consultants: Paul Reece or Matt Curness at GRL Legal firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019 but early applications are encouraged with initial interviews for suitable candidates taking place immediately