1GC|Family Law is a leading set of chambers specialising in all areas of family law. The set is recognised for its work in family matters relating to children and financial remedies, the Court of Protection and modern families. The set enjoys a national reputation and members regularly take part in the most important and ground breaking cases. They have a strong and caring ethos and commitment to clients, coupled with a genuine desire to achieve the best possible results. Their positive, down-to-earth and forward thinking culture is the foundation for all their operations; the barristers and staff always seek to exceed client expectations and they have a reputation for success in this regard.
1GC|Family Law are incredibly fortunate recently to have moved to the most stunning state of the art building in Lincoln’s Inn Fields in the heart of legal London.
They are now seeking to employ a Chambers Director, reporting to the Heads of Chambers and the Management Committee. Working in partnership with the Senior Clerk, the Chambers Director will manage 1GC|Family Law to ensure that it continues its development and maintains its position as a leading set for Family Law.
- reports to the Heads of Chambers and the Management Committee;
- is responsible for line management of all administrative and support staff, other than the clerking team.
Working alongside the Senior Clerk to the Management Committee:
- the Chambers Director has the lead role in facilitating and coordinating the strategic, operational and commercial development of Chambers, including use of the building, and is responsible for overseeing the delivery of any plans that arise;
- the Chambers Director provides on a regular basis the relevant financial and business information to enable the Management Committee to have a good understanding of how Chambers is performing; and
- works with the Heads of Chambers to support the good governance of Chambers and thereby ensure that the Management Committee, the AGM and other committees are effectively run.
- The Chambers Director is responsible for the overseeing the leadership, development, deployment, employment and management of administrative and support staff within Chambers;
- is responsible for all HR and personnel policies;
- is responsible for the IT infrastructure and security of the facilities, plus all matters relating to the lease;
- is responsible for ensuring that Chambers fulfils all its regulatory and compliance responsibilities, developing policy and procedures to demonstrate good practice;
- is responsible for maintaining strong networks with other sets, the Inns, the Bar Council and BSB;
- ensures that all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities and are regularly appraised;
- works with the lead member for equality and inclusion to ensure that Chambers demonstrates best practice.
This is a great opportunity for a person with the following attributes:
- Strong communications skills
- Outstanding diplomatic skills
- Creative and positive
- Good at problem solving
- Leader and a team player
- Demonstrates trust and integrity
- Interested in the Law.
Please apply to Sarah Thewlis at email@example.com quoting reference S1004 following the full application instructions in the Candidate Brief by 5pm, Monday 19 November 2018. For further information, please visit www.thewlisgraham.com.
For a confidential discussion contact Sarah Thewlis on +44 (0)20 7850 4781.