Team Leaders Assistant- Essex Court Chambers
Team Leader's Assistant (No. 2)
Attractive remuneration package
Closing date for Applications: By 5pm on 29th June 2018
Essex Court Chambers is one of the leading commercial sets and require a Team Leader’s Assistant to provide day-to-day support to the Senior Clerk and Team Leaders.
The role is integral to the efficient and effective functioning of the team. It is extremely busy and demanding and requires strong inter-personal skills. Applicants will need to demonstrate their experience across the wide-ranging competencies required of a senior level clerk.
You will have a good educational background and be articulate, demonstrate initiative and the ability to perform accurately under pressure.
The candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have proven office administration skills. Experience of LEX practice management system is desirable.
Principle duties include:
- Providing support to the Senior Clerk and Team Leaders in all matters of Chambers’ business.
- Under supervision of the Senior Clerk and Team Leader be responsible for the day-to-day smooth running of one of the Barrister teams.
- Liaising with Instructing Solicitors, negotiation of complex brief fees.
- Answering incoming calls and dealing efficiently with enquiries from instructing solicitors.
- Liaise with instructing solicitors as to appropriate Counsel for new instructions.
- Liaising with listing officers, Barristers and Solicitors on listing of cases; fixing in all divisions of the High Court.
- Management and distribution of incoming communications and urgent papers/instructions.
- Lodging documents at court and accompanying members to court when necessary.
- Effective and efficient diary management.
- Assessing and entering fees/data on to the LEX system.
- Assisting the barristers and accounts team in credit control matters.
- Promoting Chambers and participating in Chambers business development initiatives.
- The list of duties is not exhaustive and we expect all our clerks to deal with any other day to day tasks as reasonably requested.
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP - 0203 890 8190 3 Waterhouse Square, London EC1N 2SW.
To apply for this role please e-mail a comprehensive CV and cover letter to:
All third-party applications will be forwarded to ABC Chambers Solutions.
Essex Court Chambers are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who meet the criteria, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, gender and/or sexual orientation.