Marketing and Events Executive
Serle Court - Job Description
Marketing & EVENTS EXECUTIVE
Purpose: To provide high quality support to the Business Development Manager and barristers in the delivery of Chambers business development activities
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Hours: 09:00 to 17:00 with overtime paid for events
Serle Court is one of the leading commercial and chancery sets in London, with a global reputation for first class barristers and strength in depth. Serle Court, has a highly valued team of clerks and staff to support Chambers in providing legal services to our clients. With 65 barristers of which 25 are QC’s, Serle Court has a busy and diverse business development programme. We are looking to appoint a Marketing & Events Executive reporting to the Business Development Manager in delivering that programme.
The role covers a range of marketing activities, often being managed concurrently. The range of work is diverse with marketing activities taking place throughout the year on various scales. From international seminars to newsletters and social events with clients, this is not a role for somebody that likes to do the same every day.
Business Development Activity
- Organise and deliver events as assigned by the Business Development Manager, including client parties, hospitality, seminars (national and international), lunches, dinners and drinks, from inception to delivery.
- Attend events and be the point of contact with the venue host for events outside Chambers.
- Coordinate with companies organising events sponsored by Serle Court, produce leaflets for sponsored events and organise the delivery of branded materials to the event.
- Update the client database (LEX) and ensure the guest list invited for a specific event is relevant to that event.
Marketing & PR
- Organise arrangements for awards dinners to include booking tables for awards dinners, coordinating attendance and following the event, post news item on website/LinkedIn where appropriate.
- Organise and distribute invitations for chambers events.
- Prepare the newsletters and Annual Review – work alongside the editors of both publications, liaising with the design company, proof-read and make house-style changes, and distribute to clients,
- Coordinate with barristers when PR opportunities arise to maximise media opportunities
- Arrange talks at solicitors offices and for MOCs to speak at other external positions when appropriate
- Advertising – arrange for artwork to be created, updated and submitted when advertisements are to be placed,
- Update the Chambers website and LinkedIn, making changes to the website when appropriate, including MOC profiles, news items, awards logos, and directory rankings. Assist the Business Development Manager with social media including LinkedIn.
- Arrange photo shoots when necessary and plan the schedule.
- Produce and update branded materials ensuring materials used are relevant to the event being organised.
A highly organised and proactive individual is required with a flexible attitude who can effectively prioritise their time in a busy environment. Supporting the Business Development Manager, you will be given responsibility for delivering multiple activities and will need to be resourceful and show initiative. This appointment would suit an energetic person, ideally with some experience in another professional services firm, and with an excellent eye for detail.
- Educated to degree level or with relevant marketing qualification/experience
- Previous experience of working in the legal sector would be advantageous
- Shows an interest for pursuing a career in marketing
- Excellent organizer and able to work to deadlines
- Able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and has a high attention for detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written skills and high attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and creative
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter to the Business Development Manager, Charlotte Davidson firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 12 noon on Monday 21st May. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.