Graduate recruitment/ pupillage administrator at Blackstone Chambers
|Closing Date: ||Friday, 20 April 2018|
|Salary: ||Dependant on experience|
|Send CV To: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Blackstone Chambers strives to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity amongst its members and staff. They encourage and welcome applications from women, people of minority ethnic origin and people with disabilities as well as candidates from other groups which are underrepresented in the legal sector.
Overview of the role
Blackstone Chambers is a leading set of barristers Chambers, operating in the civil law arena with (currently) 106 barrister members and 33 staff members.
Applications are sought for the role of graduate recruitment/pupillage administrator at Blackstone Chambers. The role is varied and the successful candidate will work closely with the Chambers’ Director and the pupillage committee in both an outward facing role and managing the administration of the pupils’ training year in Chambers. Previous experience of working in graduate recruitment would be an advantage.
This is a stand alone role, involving the successful candidate in the administration of Chambers’ graduate recruitment together with the administration of pupillage for Chambers’ current pupils through their year of training with Chambers. This is a highly important function in chambers and requires excellent communication skills and interaction both with potential applicants, selected pupils and members of Chambers as well as good organisational skills and IT literacy to manage Chambers recruitment data bases. The successful candidate will work well under pressure. He or she will be approachable and confident when dealing with pupillage candidates either on the telephone or at law fairs and other recruitment events. Although the role is stand alone, the successful candidate will also demonstrate ability to work with a small team and may be required, on occasion, to assist at other Chambers’ marketing events.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, including through appropriate and relevant experience, that they can meet the following requirements:
- ability to work in a busy environment: essential
- ability to work efficiently in a standalone role plus evidence of team work: essential
- ability to prioritise and undertake a number of tasks: essential
- attention to detail and accuracy in handling of candidate details: essential
- full appreciation of issues of confidentiality in handling sensitive data: essential
- commitment to quality service to candidates, to members of chambers, pupils and staff: essential
- a good telephone manner: essential
- smart presentation and appearance (no visible tattoos or piercings): essential (dress code: business attire)
- IT literate: essential: a good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required. If not already proficient, training will be provided for use of bespoke barrister specific software (LEX) and web site editing.
- commitment to equal opportunities: essential
- experience of administering a recruitment process would be an advantage, though not necessarily in a legal environment.
- Core working hours for this role are 9am - 6pm with 1 hour for lunch. Occasional overtime may be required
- Annual salary - dependant on experience
- Three months’ notice upon completion of a three month probation period (during which the candidate will be on two weeks’ notice)
- 22 days holiday per calendar year; limit of one week's holiday permissible during legal term time;
- Interest free season ticket loan available after completion of three month probation period
- BUPA cover and private doctor service available on completion of probation period
- Other staff benefits including income protection, critical illness and death in service benefits
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP - 0203 890- 8190 3 Waterhouse Square, London EC1N 2SW
To apply, please contact Elliott Rogers at email@example.com or 0203 890 8198 to request a copy of the application and E&D form.
Blackstone Chambers is an Equal Opportunity Employer