Business Development Director
|Closing Date: ||Tuesday, 26 September 2017|
|Salary: ||£commensurate with seniority of the role|
|Send CV To: ||email@example.com|
Business Development Director
Our client is a leading regional law firm (South East/Essex) specialising in Commercial and Personal Law. The Firm, its Partners and staff are recognised for their friendly and no-nonsense approach to business and client care.
As part of its commitment to client service and the delivery of excellence across the firm, our client now seeks to appoint a highly capable individual, who shares its core values, to the newly created role of Director of Business Development.
This senior management role reports directly to the Management Committee and will have significant autonomy in the creation and delivery of the Firms strategic marketing and business development strategies.
This is a "hands on" client facing role where the successful applicant is expected to quickly become an integral part of the business, making a significant contribution to its continued success.
Planning and Strategy
- Develop and implement business development and marketing strategies, including the setting of budgets.
- Lead on the marketing and business development functions, internally and externally.
- Creation and delivery of social and digital marketing strategies, including appropriate training of colleagues.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to the Management Team and Partners.
BD, Marketing & CRM
- Manage and develop existing relationships and identify opportunities to increase work levels and opportunities to cross-sell services.
- Research, identify and develop relationships with prospective sources of new business.
- Develop and present business proposals, presentations and pitches, internally and externally.
- Create and deliver on-going programmes of events and seminars, including structured follow up and reporting.
- Attendance at events, internal and external to promote the interests of the business and its clients.
- Client relationship management through effective management of CRM and databases, continuously review processes and procedures.
- Manage, co-ordinate relationships and interaction with the media and press.
- Encourage effective communication between all staff members and promote a culture of open communication.
- Development, implementation and review of use of social media and the training of Staff.
- Seek to enhance the profile of the Firm at all times.
- Train, mentoring and manage colleagues and staff.
- Continuously act as a senior management figure and ambassador for the business and its clients.
- Advise on relevant changes to the delivery of business development and marketing of law firms, professional services and business sectors.
The Person will:
- Be educated to degree level or hold an equivalent vocational qualification in business development or marketing; or be able to demonstrate relevant equivalent experience.
- Possess demonstrable experience of working and managing successfully in a legal, professional services or similar environment with experience relevant to the functions required.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate others. Â
- Offer suitable levels of support to Senior colleagues and management teams
- Possess outstanding communication skills and the ability to influence others effectively at all levels.
- Possess a track record of effective delivery, including projects.
The role is offered with a salary package, commensurate with the seniority of the position.
To discuss this role please contact retained Consultants GRL Legal LLP:
Matthew Curness: firstname.lastname@example.org 07776 235906
Paul Reece: email@example.com 07877 233566
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter outlining your suitability, together with your CV to GRL Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 25th September and initial interviews for suitable applicants will be taking place immediately.