Practice Manager - Leading Commercial Barristers’ Chambers (London)
|Closing Date: ||Tuesday, 17 May 2022|
|Salary: ||Generous Package including performance bonus and benefits|
|Send CV To: ||email@example.com|
Our Client, Twenty Essex, is seeking to recruit a highly suitable individual to the role of Practice Manager. Working in a team of three, the Practice Manager is an important support role that will suit someone that is highly driven and enthusiastic, seeking career progression in a fast-paced professional environment.
Suitable candidates will have a significant track record working in a similarly reputable Barristers’ Chambers (7+ years), together with a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of managing the practices of barristers in commercial areas of law. You will also have knowledge of the compliance and regulatory aspects relevant to working in a Barristers Chambers. This client facing role requires an understanding and previous experience of marketing and business development initiatives and processes.
You will need to demonstrate an ability to perform in the following areas covering Practice Management (Clerking) and Business Development functions:
- Offering a proactive, dynamic and efficient service to all Members of Chambers
- All aspects of professional diary and practice management
- The detailed recording of enquires/instructions/case descriptions, creating new cases, agreeing contracts and case management on the Bar Squared (Lex) management system and the generation of reports from this system as required.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in BSB handbook and other relevant professional fiscal and regulatory requirements relevant to the management of Chambers and to the practices of individual members.
- Provide estimates and quotations for work and negotiating and assessing fees generally in line with Chambers’ fees administration policy, in consultation with line manager where applicable.
- Able to conduct practice review meetings and deliver on aspects, aspirations and targets arising out of those meetings
- Develop sound knowledge of Chambers’ areas of practice and the practices of individual members (and specifically barristers within the team’s area of responsibility) and keep up to date with developments and market trends. Share this intelligence with other members of the BD Team.
- Supervise and mentor junior team members
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to support the activities of Chambers’ practice groups including: preparation for practice group meetings; the implementation of objectives and strategies as set by business plans and supporting relevant marketing activities.
- Build and maintain your network, forging strong relationships with clients across all of Chambers’ practice areas, as well as members and all staff.
- Monitor and analyse data, identifying potential opportunities and areas for development
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Paul Reece firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Curness email@example.com
All applications to exclusively retained consultants firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 16th May 2022 - Early applications are encouraged and initial interviews for suitable candidates will take place immediately.