Chambers Administrator (Part-time)
|Closing Date: ||Monday, 25 January 2021|
|Salary: ||Competitive Salary|
|Send CV To: ||email@example.com|
Our client is an international multi-specialist set with over 150 barristers, mediators, and arbitrators. Consistently ranked as a ‘’leading set’’ of barristers chambers in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, their members are committed to the provision of practical and effective legal advice. Chambers is seeking an experienced Chambers Administrator on a part-time basis who will assist with the day-to-day administration of chambers.
- To assist the Chief Operating officer in the efficient administration of Chambers.
- To ensure Chambers meet all regulatory criteria.
- To ensure high level service provision and quality standards.
- First port of call for in house IT related issues.
- Day to day liaison with all suppliers.
- Assisting the finance and fees departments as required.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the IT systems in Chambers (including LEX and the Chambers’ Website).
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of Chambers social media feeds.
- Day to day management of all service providers to Chambers, including IT and telecoms.
- To undertake occasional reviews of service providers contracts as required by the COO.
- To provide analytical reports to the COO and / or the Executive board as required.
- To assist with ensuring Chambers compliance with BSB requirements and assist with any BSB regulatory returns.
- To assist with ensuring Chambers GDPR compliance and undertake regular GDPR assessments.
- Assist the finance assistant and fees department with the fortnightly fees run, including deputising in periods of absence.
Building, Accommodation & Facilities Management:
- Ensure smooth running of household & business matters: equipment; IT; printing, property management, services & suppliers.
- Assist the COO, the Executive Board and barrister-members in areas of: equipment; IT; printing; library; building & general household matters.
- Ensure that there is a proper system in place for file management, record-keeping and storage of documents/data.
- Ensure all Insurances are up to date.
- Assist the COO and Treasurer in completing the Chambers budget.
Human Resources & Personnel:
- Ensure day to day compliance with Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity & Fire Safety Procedures.
- Ensure day to day compliance with Chambers policies and procedures, reporting any non-compliance to the COO.
- Responsible for the administration and record keeping of recruitment of staff.
- Responsible for all employee documentation relating to Human Resources, including but not limited to staff/employee handbooks, contracts, job descriptions etc.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Maintain employee records, including attendance, holiday leave and absence on health grounds.
- Plan and sometimes deliver internal training - including inductions for new staff, pupils or barrister-members.
- Maintain records of training for all staff where the training is funded by Chambers.
- Respond to all personnel matters regarding tax, mortgage requests, benefit applications, staff loans, references etc. by forwarding such queries (where appropriate) to the Finance Manager or other appropriate persons.
- Manage day to day enquiries from Members.
- Manage BMIF renewal process for all members.
- Manage and record CPD process for Chambers and individual members.
- Manage registrations and renewals with the information commissioner.
- Plan the annual Chambers AGM, alongside the COO, including sourcing venues, negotiating costs and confirming attendances.
- Maintain up to date barrister records for all members.
- Manage the Chambers library resources, including hard copy and online. Liaise with various suppliers and arrange group subscriptions for members.
- Liaise with the Head of the Pupillage Committee and Secretary of the Pupillage Committee on pupillage applications, interviews, commencement of pupillage and similar matters, generally to ensure that Chambers has effective and efficient systems in place for all material matters relating to the administration of pupillage, and mini-pupilages.
- Maintain all records relating to pupillage and mini-pupillage, and ensure that such records are readily accessible by the Head of the Pupillage Committee or other appropriate persons requiring access to the same.
For all enquiries please contact:
ABC Chambers Solutions LLP - 0203 890 8190 The Cursitor Building
38 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1EN
To apply for this role please e-mail a comprehensive CV and cover letter to: