The 19th Pro Bono Week will take place this year from 2 to 6 November 2020 with an overarching focus on “Pro bono: Through the pandemic and beyond”. There are over forty events taking place nationwide. Suggested events to attend (most of which are online) include:
- Launch panel event, Monday 2nd November, 6pm with a panel representing the four nations of the UK, chaired by Catherine Baksi and including Lord Stephens.
- ‘The Ethics of Pro Bono’ seminar, Tuesday 3 November, 9am – 12pm.
- The use of technology in pro bono, Tuesday 3 November, 4 – 5pm, by the IBA Pro Bono Committee with speakers including David Greene (President, the Law Society).
- Pro Bono and the Sustainable Development Goals, Wednesday 4 November, 10 – 11.30am, chaired by Baroness Scotland and with speakers including Tom Tugendhat MP.
- Temple Church evensong for Pro Bono Week, Wednesday 4 November, 5.45pm, in person at Temple Church and online, with an address by Mike Napier QC.
- Giving back to move forwards, Wednesday 4 November, 6 – 8.30pm, co-hosted by MTYBA, the JLSLA and the London Young Lawyers Group with a keynote by the Solicitor General, the RT Hon Michael Ellis QC MP.
- Advocate’s Bar Pro Bono Awards, Wednesday 4 November, 7.15 – 8.30pm, watch the winners at the Bar streamed live on YouTube.
- Virtual Volunteering in a Pandemic, Thursday 5 November, 5.30 – 6.30pm, co-hosted by the Chancery Bar Association and the Employment Lawyers’ Association with speakers including Judge Barry Clarke, President of the Employment Tribunals (England and Wales) and HHJ Johns QC.
- Rule of Law & Access to Justice: where do we go from here?, Friday 6 November, 4.30pm, with speakers including Baroness Hale, Baroness Kennedy QC, Simon Davis and Matthew Ryder QC.
- Closing networking drinks (online), Friday 6 November, 5.30pm, to which the whole sector is invited.
Please see further information on their website.